Ongoing Book & Media Sale
The Farmington Friends of the Library maintain an ongoing Book Sale at both locations. Drop by and sample the ongoing feast of hidden treasures and bargains!
- Adult hardcover: $2.00
- Adult oversized hardcover: $5.00
- Adult paperback (incl. romances): $1.00
- Children’s hardcover: $1.00
- Children’s paperback: $ .50
- CDs, DVDs, Video Games: $1.00
- Books on CD: $3.00
Upcoming Semi-Annual Big Book Sales
The Farmington Friends of the Library will be holding their semi-annual Big Book Sale October 20-22, 2023, in the FCL Farmington Hills Auditorium.
Friday, October 20, 10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Friends Members only
Saturday, October 21, 10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Teachers get half off on regularly-priced items, please show ID
Sunday, October 22, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
$5 bag sale, paper bags available or bring your own
Donations of items are currently being accepted at the Farmington Hills location only. Please bring your donations to the Circulation Desk or come through curbside pickup until 6 p.m. Monday – Saturday and before 5 p.m. on Sunday.
The Farmington Friends of the Library accept donations of items for their ongoing Friends Book & Media Sale. While we can take many items, we can’t give every book a good home. Please refer to the following list for more information.
List of Items that the Friends accept:
- Books in good condition. No musty, dirty, wet, mildewed/moldy, smelly, or damaged (broken spine, missing pages, ripped, marked-up) books, or any non-book items meeting the above characteristics, will be accepted.
- Textbooks must be no older than 10 years from current date of donation.
- No Reader’s Digest, Time-Life, encyclopedia sets, or other tertiary, compiled/condensed material.
- No audio books on CD or cassette.
- Video games for all gaming consoles.
- Vinyl LPs or 45s.
- Hardcover and softcover adult and children’s fiction published within 10 years of current date of donation. Exceptions will be made for popular/rare books.
- Vinyl LPs
- Manga/Graphic Novels of all ages
- Books in non-English languages
- Textbooks under 5 years old
- Medical and law books under 5 years old
- Puzzles (with all/most pieces)
- Board games (with all/most pieces)
- Gaming cartridges for all gaming systems
- Very new fiction and nonfiction of all ages in good condition.
We cannot accept old textbooks, older test prep (older than 10 years), magazines, VHS tapes, or books in bad condition/smelly/ripped/mildewed/dusty/yellowed/water-stained.
Books that don’t fit these criteria can be recycled if they are paperbacks, and pages of hardcover books can be recycled. Refer to this page for instructions, or call Farmington Hills offices at (248) 871-2400 or Farmington offices 248-474-5500 for more information on curbside recycling of books.